New Marketing - Trends and Insights

Monday, January 14, 2008

Finnair is good

Don't get me wrong. I like Finnair.
They have direct flights Helsinki-Lisbon, at very sensible prices. Their on-board food has never been better, and also their wines are very good.
As far as I am concerned, they are polite... and always on time!

Last week I travelled to Paris CDG (hiiiiik!), and on the return flight it was on the papers again the "Finnair is getting late too often". Yet another good omen! What called my attention was that the CEO wanted the names of the drunk passengers who caused problems.
Very good!
Many Finns have this annoying habit of boozing themselves before stepping on the plane. And continuing on board. Then it might happen that it forces the plane to come back, losing some 4 hours because of the "joke"--and dissatisfied customers.
For once, I feared that some draconian rule of "no alcohol on board" would pop up. I do hope not. Personally, I come from Southwest Europe, where good food is always accompanied by good wine. And that is what has been happening in my Finnair flights.

So their solution is simple: block the drunken bastards that are a bother to everyone on board, while letting people who enjoy a 18 cl bottle of wine (or two) responsibly to continue enjoying their flight time. Thanks, Finnair, I'll keep on transmitting positive feedback! Until my next flight!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home